~ Search Lake Keowee Waterfront Lots by Price Range ~
Are you thinking of building a custom home on or near Lake Keowee? We have several excellent custom home builders in our area. They have built homes for many of our clients so we feel confident in recommending them. We work very closely with them to help determine which land is right for you and your new home. Together we will walk your potential land and will examine the topography which will determine the location of home site, placement of the driveway and septic. It is important to us that you have a, “fine building experience.” Please call us at 864.238.3176 or use our VIP Property Search form. Visit our Keowee Custom Home Builder page for a slideshow and links to Custom Home Plans by designers such as Donald Gardner, Southern Living and Stephen Fuller.
These searches include only lots with lake frontage and are gently sloping or nearly level according to the listing agents.
Not every lot will be suitable for your new home! Be sure to have your builder examine any lot before you buy.
Tips for Buying Lake Keowee Land
(A builder can help with all of this)
- Green water at the shoreline is deep; red or peach color is shallow. A permit or dock in place does not guarantee deep water. Duke doesn't consider depth when granting permits.
- A dock contractor can tell you if you are likely to get a permit from Duke for the dock you want.
- Steeper land means a more expensive foundation.
- Account for setbacks to be sure your house will fit. Counties have minimums but subdivisions may set their own! Our Lakefront Community pages have covenants, slideshows and videos, maps, plats, amenities and property searches.
- Most communities require Architectural Control Committee review of plans. We're sure you would agree that this protects your investment.
- Review the Duke Energy Shoreline Management Guidelines and Vegetative Buffer rules on our Lake Gallery page.
- Stay informed on sales trends on our Real Estate Sales Statistics for Lake Keowee page.
Example Lot: Asked $375,000, SOLD $365,000
Riverstone Community. Flat and gently-sloping 0.78 acre lot is perfect for a walk-out basement and easy driveway entry. Great lake view. Covered dock in deep water! Underbrushed and cleaned for easy viewing and building. Buy an inexpensive Amenity Lot in Keowee Key for the great amenities just minutes away.
SOLD: Jocassee Gorges River Lodge $725,000
Thirty acre riverfront estate. Timber-built 3 bed, 2½ bath, 3,300 sq ft custom craftsman home on the banks of the Eastatoee River. Enjoy trails, fly fishing, & kayaking to Lake Keowee. Hear the rushing river from almost every room. Details & panoramas on Tour.
“I would like to take a moment to recommend Carol and Doug to anyone selling or buying a home in the Lake Keowee area. From the beginning of the process to the final closing I found the Pattersons to be detailed oriented, very responsive, and conduct their business with complete integrity. The result was a home sale that far exceeded our expectations!”
Bryan G., Customer Builder and part owner